Billington Holdings plc is a UK based group of companies focussed on structural steel and engineering activities throughout the UK and European Markets.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technician to join the IT Team at one of the UK’s leading structural steel and construction safety solutions specialists.
Providing 1st and 2nd line support the role will cover all aspects of the internal IT systems from laptop, desktop and server roll out and support through to cloud services management and network services
- Provide on-site and remote technical support to staff members based across 7 UK offices.
- Delivery and installation of end-user hardware.
- Perform upgrades and updates to existing hardware and software platforms.
- Provisioning of new network services and software applications
- Diagnosing and resolving both hardware and software based technical issues.
- Pro-actively engage in rolling out patches and security updates using the Manage Engine Desktop Central platform.
- Maintain essential security related records used throughout the business.
- Work with senior engineers on projects and support requests.
- Escalating priority issues to senior team members.
Skills and Knowledge
- We’d like to speak to you if you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within an IT support role.
- You will have a passion for technology with hands on experience of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems, HP server hardware and Azure or M365 management.
- You will also understand networking components such as AD, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience of SQL, Strumis, Mimecast, VMware, ManageEngine Desktop Central and Veeam would be advantageous but not essential.
- A full driving licence is required as you will be expected to support our offices across the UK.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be dependent on experience, and we offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, sick pay scheme, health plan, cycle to work scheme, option to purchase additional holidays.
If you’re interested in this role, please email our Human Resources team at email@example.com with your details.