Billington Holdings plc is a UK based group of companies focused on structural steel and engineering activities throughout the UK and European Markets.
The Group Marketing department are responsible for all Marketing activities online and offline for the Group and its subsidiary companies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to work with a varied group of companies, positioning each company effectively and profitably.
Our new member of the team will be responsible for providing administrative support to the marketing team. Duties include support within Marketing with design/copy writing of marketing collateral, website content management support, social media posting and measuring, organising events, collecting marketing data, compiling reports on the effectiveness of campaigns, and liaising with external agencies. The Marketing Assistant will work closely with other teams and departments, including HR, sales, Health & Safety, and operations.
- Managing social media pages by posting updates and responding to comments and messages
- Communicating with all Group companies, other departments, and external agencies
- Creating marketing collateral, presentations, surveys
- Measuring effectiveness of marketing campaigns and using website analytics to ascertain the relative effectiveness of ongoing campaigns and support Marketing in understanding the way users
interact with the site
- Share ideas for marketing campaigns designed to enhance and grow the Group company brands
- Work together with the Marketing department to support managing internal employee events
- Assisting daily with the marketing enquiries to our internal Marketing log system
- General marketing administration duties
Skills and Knowledge
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness/willingness to learn
- Willing to learn or the ability to analyse data and spot trends
- Creative skills, including writing, design and video editing
- Good teamworking skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical skills, including support to compile and analyse spreadsheets, survey feedback, trends
Experience / Qualifications
(not all essential as some training will be given, please share level of experience when applying)
- CIM Marketing qualified or working towards a qualification
- 2 years marketing experience (desirable)
- InDesign &/or Canva experience
- Support with video creation
- Photograph interest (desirable)
- Microsoft suite (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Google Analytics
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be dependent on experience, and we offer a competitive benefits package including company pension, sick pay scheme, health plan, cycle to work scheme, option to purchase additional holidays.